Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Looking in the Mirror


Yesterday was truly eye-opening for me. One thing that about people that often gets on my absolute nerves is when they don't listen to you or understand how you feel. I hate it when they are so consumed with defending themselves and helping you understand them that they don't even consider how much a part of a problem they are. Well, in counseling I might consider someone to use "I messages" instead of using they and that is what I need to do. I am becoming aware that I do the one thing that other people do that I hate. This is so hard to admit, but I finally had to get close to the mirror to see what was going hard. I really want to change and improve. It's hard because I am an emotional person and things said and behaviors done definitely affect me. However, I know how hard it can be to be on the other side and I never want anyone to feel that way. I have a few ideas on how I can make this change. Any other suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I want to start by saying I'm sorry this comment is totally off the subject. Where do you get these great pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I just google different phrases and then click images. Also, anytime I see something interesting, I just save it and label it for later usage.

    ReplyDelete