Sunday, January 2, 2011

All that hard work, Paid off!!!

The Cake

During the Ceremony

Friends and Family

My Family

Me and my Husband, Josh

Graduation took place on December 12, 2010. I have been dreaming of this day for years and I cannot begin to explain all of the emotions I felt. The most memorable part of graduation were the different African American people who came up to me and told me how proud they were of me. To get so much love and support from people I had never met was overwhelming and humbling. I also was blessed to have my family and friends there. Writing my dissertation and meeting all of the requirements to get my PhD were some of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but it was all worth it.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ~Aristotle.

2 comments:

  1. And to think you are only 19! Seriously though, Marjorie - I am BLOWN away by all you have accomplished at such a young age. You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nineteen! I wish. Thank you Ali.

    ReplyDelete