Saturday, June 5, 2010

Praying for IRB Approval

http://www.walpoledemocrats.org
I haven't blogged in a while. I must be honest, I have been trying not to worry about this whole PhD process. I had a pretty big hurdle thrown in my path and it has made me pretty worried. So... I cannot collect data for my dissertation until the Institutional Review Board (IRB) approves my study. I originally thought I would have no problems, but to make sure, I met with someone from the IRB office. She told me that she did not think my study would make Exempt (this is a shorter process). So, I would have to go through a much longer process that would make it almost impossible to finish by my desired date. I originally was pretty down, but after talking to my cohort doc students, J, my mom, and my advisor, I decided to keep trying. I met with my advisor twice in 12 hours to make changes that will hopefully get it approved. I am praying hard and believing that it will get through soon so, I can keep moving. Please keep me in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a long time. I thought you had given up on blogging. However, please know that you are surely in my prayers. I believe it will all work out. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete