Sunday, June 6, 2010

Feeling Pretty Anxious

(Photo from http://kristinebruneau.com)
I have a lot going on and feel very blessed with where I am. However, I must admit that I am feeling pretty stressed or anxious. I have a lot I need to get done for the end of the school year at work, I need to work on wedding planning, on top of this dissertation that won't go away. I would be lying if I said I never get anxious when I think about it. I need to just relax, make a plan, and work the plan. I am determined to do this and do this well. What do you do when feeling anxious? What helps you? I know... I know... I'm a counselor. I know a lot about anxiety, but I am willing to learn more strategies.

2 comments:

  1. I pray and try to relax, listening to some encouraging or relaxing music. Sometimes it helps to do something fun that has nothing to do with it before getting back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look at art or photos of nature (mountain landscapes usually work like a charm), go for a walk in the park, cook, call friends, hang out w/babies or dogs, and yes, pray when none of the above work. Here is a link to a video that combines the work of one of my favorite artists w/meditative music. This always helps me calm down and get centered. Good luck! You can do it!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfbIpoD4svI

    ReplyDelete