Sunday, May 9, 2010

What if I am Truly a Princess?



I turned my dissertation proposal in to my committee on Friday so, I decided to spend a little time away from my dissertation this weekend and allow myself to read a book strictly for pleasure. Reading is my favorite activity. I love getting lost in stories. Unfortunately, I rarely find time to read for pleasure. The sequel to Sex and the City is coming out at the end of the month so, I thought that reading the book, The Carrie Diaries, would be fun and low-stress. It is a cute and fun book and I love this quote from a little girl in the very beginning of the book, "What if I'm a princess on another planet? And no one knows on this planet?" How cute is that? Anyone who knows me, knows that I often wonder whether I was meant to be a princess. Ahhhh.... Sometimes it's fun to stop being so academic and just enjoy the small things like reading a book, or wondering about my true calling as a princess. What are the small things in life you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment