Monday, May 17, 2010

Dear Stress, I Refuse to Let You Win!

(Photo from: ttp://iusedtohavehair.files.wordpress.com)

I have been feeling anxious for over 24 hours. I think working on my dissertation has helped me to understand the depth of what I have left to do. All of this, with a very busy, stressful, and emotional day at work has me feeling exhausted and of course... worried. I know what helps decrease anxiety, proper nutrition, exercise, good sleep, deep breathing, journaling (or blogging)... and the list goes on. I a determined maintain as much balance through this process so, I am forcing myself to stop writing and go to bed before 10:00. I plan to walk tomorrow and spend at least two months meditating. What do you do when you are beginning to feel stress?

1 comment:

  1. when i begin to feel stress i take some time to center myself and do some deep breathing. this gets me to focus on the big picture and not just the particular issue at hand...but real talk i'd say i'm only 50% successful! ha!

    Amanda H.

    ReplyDelete