Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 17: The Light of Devotion

(Photo from edea360.wordpress.com)

Yesterday's focus was the Light of Devotion. The author discusses how fear is often what guides us to our behaviors, thoughts, and feelings. Fear of failure, Fear of abandonment, Fear of being unsuccessful, etc... However, when we tune i to our fears, we don't rely on something that can be even more helpful. This is our faith. So I spent time imagining what my life could look like if I lived with faith. Now, don't get me wrong. I enjoy my life and think it's fairly good for the most part. However, I realize I could get so much more out of it and I can enjoy the good things so much more if I tune into faith. For instance, fear of bad feedback on my dissertation proposal can stall me or prolong my process. However, faith will help me to get it turned in so that I can make the appropriate corrections and keep moving on. How will you make sure you tune into faith.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that fear dictates our actions. My life would be more productive without fear. If I tuned into faith I would not need to invite my friends to take a democratic vote on the next step for my life. If I tuned into faith I would just keep moving forward. No longer waiting for the poll results. Hmm. Tune into Faith.

    ReplyDelete