Saturday, February 6, 2010

Reading for Fun!!















One of my favorite things to do is read. I have promised myself throughout my entire academic career, that I will ALWAYS read for fun and NEVER let reading become a chore. Here are the books I am currently reading:






  1. The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity, by William Young
  2. Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage, by Christopher Andersen
  3. Me 2.0: Build a Powerful Brand to Achieve Career Success, by Dan Schawbel

Stay tuned for my Book Reviews!

2 comments:

  1. That's smart! So many academic articles to read. I am a bit burned out. Recently, I have started to read some books with long distance friends...give ourselves something to chat about and discuss.

    Three on my to do list are: "Half the Sky" a book of memoirs of women who have survived genocide and war. "The Third Life of Granger Copeland" by Alice Walker. and "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" by Alex Haley. One really great book that I absolutely love is a memoir by Kate Holden titled, "In My Skin." One of those random finds with an interesting cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard good things about "In My Skin." Maybe I will have to read that next. I'll have to look into that. I have also heard good things about "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.I like the idea of reading with friends.. I have recently been contemplating trying to put together a book club.

    ReplyDelete