Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pursuit of Perfection is a Guaranteed Failure


I just finished talking to my best friend after watching the Superbowl. Side note: Congrats Saints! It's amazing how we can be on the same page and not even have talked about it. We are both high achievers and can both be pretty hard on ourselves. We both expressed how we felt that our perfectionism just led us to continuous disappointment, kept us feeling unsatisfied, caused us to ignore our successes, and ultimately held us back from enjoying things that we love. We both are making some changes in our lives and the way we see ourselves. I feel so blessed to have a best friend who will challenge me and push me when I am falling back into my old ways of thinking and behaving. I will definitely do the same for her. Good Luck. I love you and I know WE can do it, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment