Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 6: The Gift of Surrender


The goal of the day was to surrender and embrace emotions that I typically avoid. The task was to write down all emotions that I see as bad, reflect on where I learned this, and how I try to resist them. Finally, I was to reflect on the gifts, wisdom, and lessons they will bring me when I embrace them instead of avoiding them. As a counselor, I believe that there are no bad emotions, but I definietly realize that there are some I try and avoid. When reflecting on this I realize that I started avoiding certain emotions early on. I realize that I sometimes avoid because of fear that I will be out of control. However, avoiding them only intensifies them and that is when it becomes easy to get out of control. Embracing emotions allows for controlling them. That's my thought for today :).

1 comment:

  1. There are several emotions that I try to avoid. Maybe this is something I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete