Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 2: The Gift of Self-Awareness


So, today's activity wasn't as fun. I still did the morning meditation, but the activity for today was to list all of my regrets and then to think about what/where I could be if I let them go. Thinking about my regrets was not very fun, however I did realize that I am holding on to some "silly" things. For instance, I wrote that I regret not taking post secondary classes in high school. SERIOUSLY?!? Even worse, is that this is a regret that I think of often. I also realized that I am beating myself up for choices I made a long time ago. How cruel of me. I would never let a friend or my boyfriend berate me for the same mistake ten years later. That might even be considered abusive. If nothing else, this exercise helped me to recognize how worthless some of the things I hold onto are. Ok. I have that recognition. Now what? I hope the author has something else for me tomorrow. Ask yourself, what regrets are you hanging on to??? Night.

1 comment:

  1. I think I will try this activity and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete