Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 1: The gift of desire


Today was the first day of the 21-day consciousness cleanse. The morning practice of meditating and asking myself some questions was really helpful in helping me to start my day off relaxed and focused on my goals. I made a list of all the things that I desire. Some were inner longings and some were outer longings, but I brainstormed and did not hold back. At first, I was trying to really think, but as I got more and more comfortable I got more ideas and it was very freeing. As I looked through them I was amazed at how much they all related to each other and at how much I actually do want from life. We are constantly encouraged to give back or help others so, it was very nice for me to just sit still and think about some of my desires. What are some of your desires that you constantly ignore?
Photo from nscblog.com.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! perhaps I should do some consciousness cleansing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. So far, So good!

    ReplyDelete