Thursday, February 4, 2010

An Attempt at Motivation




I have been pursuing this PhD at The Ohio State University and seem to be running out of steam. I received a bachelor's degree in psychology, went immediately into a program to receive a master's in counseling, and went right into a PhD program in counselor education. I finished my candidacy exams in October and now it's time for the... DISSERTATION. I have been reading anything I can find on my research topic, but because it’s such a new topic (Social Networking Sites) I am struggling to narrow this in. I’m feeling overwhelmed and I have decided that I will journal my way out of this slump. I love Ohio State, but I am ready to graduate. During my candidacy exams, I read that public self-presentation influences behavior and self-concepts (Tice, 1993). Thus, my decision to blog. Here we go…

1 comment:

  1. I am so-o-o-o-o very proud of you! I know it gets hard at times. Hang in there! Please know that I am here for you. I am constantly praying for you. I know you will make it!

    ReplyDelete