Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board


Bad News: My IRB proposal did not qualify for the exempt process.
Good News: It was supposed to be a two-week turn around, but it ended up being a two day turn around.

Now... I am applying for an expedited review. I have worked on updating and changing the proposal for six hours straight and it is finally ready to submit. I must admit, I am pretty proud of myself for just "cranking it out," because I originally wanted to just lay down and deal with it later. I plan to submit through the expedited process and hope and pray that it does not take very long. I was told four weeks and if that is the case, my timeline will shift dramatically. As many of you have already, keep me in your prayers and thoughts. Lets pray for a week turn around time!!!

2 comments:

  1. You got it! Happy to see that you see the positive, and not just the negative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's exactly my first reaction to difficulties: lay down and deal w/it later. So proud of you for not giving in! Go get'em!!

    ReplyDelete