Thursday, February 18, 2010

THE PRESENT: Day 8

(Photo from http://affirmativethinking.files.wordpress.com)


Today is the 8th day of the 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse and I am to rid myself of the things that have been holding me back and stepping into the present so that I can feel free. The author talks about allowing our pasts to cripple us and likens this to wearing a size six shoe when my shoe size is actually a nine. In spite of the pain and discomfort it gives me, I don't feel that I deserve anything better. I don't believe that I deserve to walk comfortably and feel supported. This really resonated with me today. I have allowed certain things like this to hold me back in my progress to a dissertation. Today, I am letting go of this and making a determined decision to move forward. So scary, but I have to do it or the circulation issues in my feet from the "too small shoes" will lead to more severe problems. She suggests having a ceremony and dressing up today as if this is one of the most important days of my life. If I see you today, don't be surprise by the stunning look. Just kidding... kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment